Note: This blog contains affiliate links, using these links to make purchases supports the free information on this site.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
Mailing List Sign-Up
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) 10 August, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses 9 August, 2015
- Acute thyroiditis (thyroid inflammation) and herbs to relieve inflammation 5 August, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? 6 May, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California 3 March, 2015
- Medical News Today: Breast cancer relapse could be predicted with new blood testA new study reports that a so-called ‘mutation-tracking' blood test can pick up valuable signs of cancer’s potential return, offering hope to patients with the disease.
- Medical News Today: Contact lenses: a look at the risks and recommendationsIn this Spotlight feature, we take a look at some of the risky behaviors that need to be avoided when wearing contact lenses that the majority of users fail to avoid.
- Medical News Today: Firstborn women more likely to be overweight, obeseA new study of more than 15,000 sister pairs finds firstborn women were more likely to be overweight or obese than their secondborn sisters.
- Medical News Today: Laser probe and smart knife 'improve accuracy of removing brain tumors'Two technologies - a laser probe and an iKnife - are set to revolutionize delicate brain surgery by distinguishing cancerous from healthy tissue as it is being performed.
- Medical News Today: Declining awareness of memory loss precedes dementiaResearchers have demonstrated that the awareness of memory loss begins to decline in people 2-3 years before they develop dementia.