Mailing List Sign-Up
Note: This blog contains affiliate links, using these links to make purchases supports the free information on this site.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Medical News Today: To live longer, replace 1 hour of sitting with walking dailyCould it be this simple? A new study suggests replacing sitting with walking for 1 hour each day could reduce the risk of early death by up to 14%.
- Medical News Today: Could a pill offer the same benefits as exercise?In a new review, researchers say that increased understanding of the molecular mechanisms by which exercise benefits health means an 'exercise pill' could soon be in the cards.
- Medical News Today: Infant use of asthma medication linked to stunted growthResearchers have found that the use of inhaled corticosteroids during the first 2 years of life may be linked with stunted growth, potentially leading to loss of growth potential.
- Medical News Today: Are you addicted to shopping?Evidence supporting the classification of excessive shopping as an addiction has been established, and a new seven-point assessment tool created.
- Medical News Today: Smartphone distraction can ruin a relationshipPeople who cannot stop checking their smartphones may be contributing to depression in their romantic partners, says research into 'phubbing.'