Mailing List Sign-Up
Note: This blog contains affiliate links, using these links to make purchases supports the free information on this site.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Medical News Today: Progesterone supplements do not help women with recurrent miscarriagesA 5-year trial finds, compared with a placebo, progesterone supplements do not reduce the likelihood of miscarriage in women with a history of recurring, unexplained miscarriages.
- Medical News Today: Scientists map genes essential for cancer to surviveUsing new technology, scientists have mapped thousands of genes that are essential for cancer cell survival, and have started to identify clusters unique to individual cancers.
- Medical News Today: Pollution increases health risks for diabetic womenAir pollution has been known to cause serious health issues for many years. A new study links it to cardiovascular problems and stroke in diabetic women.
- Medical News Today: Prolonged sitting worsens health for heart disease patientsResearchers find heart disease patients may worsen their health by spending too much time sitting. What is more, exercise does not counteract this effect.
- Medical News Today: Mosquito-borne chikungunya virus causes severe brain inflammationMosquito-borne virus chikungunya can cause encephalitis, leading to disability and death, especially in infants and over 65. One locally transmitted case has occurred in the US.