Mailing List Sign-Up
Note: This blog contains affiliate links, using these links to make purchases supports the free information on this site.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Medical News Today: A sigh of relief: new discovery could aid breathing problemsScientists have discovered two groups of brain cells that are responsible for sighing, opening the door to new treatments for some people with breathing problems.
- Medical News Today: New bacteria discovered that cause Lyme diseaseScientists have found new bacteria that cause Lyme disease. They produce symptoms similar to those of the known bacteria, but they also cause nausea, vomiting and diffuse rashes.
- Medical News Today: Bionic implant could help paralyzed people 'walk with the power of thought'With the power of thought, paralyzed patients may soon be able to operate an exoskeleton via an electrode stent that is implanted in their brain with a simple day procedure.
- Medical News Today: Device delivers toxic chemo cocktail to pancreatic tumor, spares bodyUsing a new device to deliver a particularly toxic mix of four chemotherapy drugs halts - and in some cases shrinks - pancreatic tumors in mice while sparing the rest of the body.
- Medical News Today: Chronic liver damage worsened by alcohol-fueled gut bacteriaThe fact that alcohol causes damage to the liver is not breaking news; however, the role of gut bacteria in this destruction is a fascinating addition to our understanding.