Note: This blog contains affiliate links, using these links to make purchases supports the free information on this site.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
Mailing List Sign-Up
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) 10 August, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses 9 August, 2015
- Acute thyroiditis (thyroid inflammation) and herbs to relieve inflammation 5 August, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? 6 May, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California 3 March, 2015
- Medical News Today: Coffee may harm cardiovascular health for young adults with mild hypertensionResearchers have found that heavy coffee consumption could increase the risk of cardiovascular events such as heart attacks in young adults with hypertension.
- Medical News Today: Study identifies symptoms of suicide risk for people with depressionA major multinational study has identified some of the behaviors that come before a suicide attempt. People who show these behaviors are a significant suicide risk.
- Medical News Today: Drinking water, eating after heavy drinking 'does not prevent hangovers'Contrary to the beliefs of many student drinkers, a new study finds that drinking water or eating directly after heavy alcohol consumption does not prevent hangovers.
- Medical News Today: Cystic fibrosis: yeast study may address root causeCystic fibrosis results from a mutation that stops ions moving in and out of cells. Now, a study shows how a small molecule restored ion channel function in deficient yeast cells.
- Medical News Today: FDA approve new drug to treat high cholesterolRepatha is the second in a class of drugs to be approved by the FDA that addresses how the liver performs in relation to the treatment of high cholesterol.