Mailing List Sign-Up
Note: This blog contains affiliate links, using these links to make purchases supports the free information on this site.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Medical News Today: Children's blood bears evidence of mom's smoking in pregnancyNew research shows if a mother smokes during pregnancy, molecular evidence of it can be found in the blood of the child up to the age of 5.
- Medical News Today: Gene-edited mosquitoes cannot transmit malariaUsing a new gene-editing technique, scientists create a mosquito that passes on inability to transmit malaria to 99.5% of its offspring, raising hopes for disease eradication.
- Medical News Today: Congenital heart defect means higher chance of strokePeople with congenital heart defects have a 5-6 times higher risk of hemorrhagic stroke, and a 9-12 times higher risk of ischemic stroke than the general population.
- Medical News Today: Can a handful of walnuts a day keep the doctor away?New research concludes that walnuts can assist in the functioning of epithelial cells in blood vessel walls and lowering cholesterol levels.
- Medical News Today: Doctors should prescribe generic drugs over branded medications, say expertsThe American College of Physicians call for physicians to prescribe generic drugs rather than brand-name medications in order to boost treatment adherence and lower costs.