Hawthorn is used traditionally as a cardiac tonic and to relieve high blood pressure. It it easy to obtain and the dried berries provide excellent medicine for various heart conditions.
Show some appreciation
Mailing List Sign-Up
- Where does Echinacea come from? 6 May, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California 3 March, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape 3 March, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics 20 May, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) 5 May, 2014
- Medical News Today: Rate of aging can be tracked in early adulthood, not just later in lifeA new study indicates that it might be possible to map an aging trajectory in young adults, potentially making interventions to prevent age-related diseases possible.
- Medical News Today: Drug combo shows promise against rare bone cancerTests on cells and mice suggest a combination of the anti-cancer drugs Trabectedin and Olaparib offers a promising treatment for children with Ewing sarcoma - a rare bone cancer.
- Medical News Today: Two potential biomarkers for severe heart disease in insulin resistance foundPeople who become insulin resistant and diabetic are more likely to develop severe heart disease. Now, a new study of pigs finds two biomarkers that accompany such a development.
- Medical News Today: Epilepsy 'increases risk of death' among pregnant womenPregnant women with epilepsy may be at 10 times greater risk of maternal death and adverse complications during delivery than those without the disorder, a new study finds.
- Medical News Today: Why are doctors so guilty of working while sick?Although 95% of clinicians agree that working while sick puts patients at risk, 83.1% admit that they do so themselves. A new study investigates why.