Hawthorn is used traditionally as a cardiac tonic and to relieve high blood pressure. It it easy to obtain and the dried berries provide excellent medicine for various heart conditions.
Show some appreciation
Mailing List Sign-Up
- Where does Echinacea come from? 6 May, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California 3 March, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape 3 March, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics 20 May, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) 5 May, 2014
- Medical News Today: Coffee linked to reduced risk of erectile dysfunctionMen who drink two to three cups of coffee daily may be less likely to develop erectile dysfunction, according to a new research from the University of Texas.
- Medical News Today: Itchy eyes and runny noses: how best to handle seasonal allergies?In this Spotlight, we investigate what causes seasonal allergies and what the best strategies are for avoid their debilitating effects.
- Medical News Today: Study confirms link between sleep apnea and depression in menAt the 2015 American Thoracic Society International Conference, researchers report new findings on the relationship between sleep apnea and depression in men.
- Medical News Today: Skipping meals tied to increased belly fat, prediabetesA study shows mice that ate all their daily food in a single meal every day and fasted in between gained fat in their abdomens and developed insulin resistance in their livers.
- Medical News Today: Common gene variant that affects cholesterol may raise heart riskA common variant of a gene that controls cholesterol levels may raise the risk of heart disease among people that carry it, says a new study of 5,000 Americans.