Hawthorn is used traditionally as a cardiac tonic and to relieve high blood pressure. It it easy to obtain and the dried berries provide excellent medicine for various heart conditions.
Show some appreciation
Mailing List Sign-Up
- Where does Echinacea come from? 6 May, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California 3 March, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape 3 March, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics 20 May, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) 5 May, 2014
- Medical News Today: Scientists discover gene that controls body clockAfter studying mice with abnormal body clocks, researchers have identified a gene that they consider to be the master controller of circadian rhythms.
- Medical News Today: Wound closure more effective when surgeons listen to their preferred musicA new study shows when surgeons listen to their favorite music while they operate, they close wounds faster and better. This could translate to cost savings, the researchers say.
- Medical News Today: Modern nuclear disasters: biggest risk is mental, not physical illnessFukushima has had no physical impact on human health but will have lasting social and psychological ones, say leading radiological protection experts.
- Medical News Today: First ever successful field testing of Ebola vaccine reportedThe vaccine rVSV-ZEBOV has proven to be successful at halting the spread of the Ebola virus in ongoing field tests conducted in Guinea.
- Medical News Today: Potential target for future Huntington's disease treatment discoveredScientists have discovered that the way DNA sequences are repaired could be critical to the development of Huntington's disease, potentially offering a target for treatment.